Thoughts, links & ideas from the 2008 National Teacher of the Year

Each time I've taken off in a plane since May (which is a lot), I've been writing in my journal, then adding these journal entries on this blog.

Check in often, or subscribe to get headlines fed to you! Oh, and the views expressed here are not those of anyone but me.  And anyone who happens to share the same views, I guess.

(Note: the blue posted dates are actually the dates I wrote the journal entries, not when I posted them online.)

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Facades

WASHINGTON, D.C.


Here's the video clip of the segment I taped with Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings.  The DOE had sent me a list of the questions she was going to ask, so I actually sat down and carefully constructed responses to each one.  My answers were all subtle and respectful, but not beating around the bush about the issues.  Or beating around the Bush.


She ended up not asking any of the questions, and then they edited down the interview from 20 minutes to about 5 (which I was aware of beforehand) and chose to use my worst answer.  Because I'm an expert on how to get teachers into hard to staff schools in the inner city.  Oh well.  I guess the consolation is that hardly anyone has ever heard of this show...


Oh, and by the way, the books on the shelves behind us are just facades.  Interesting.




1 comment:

  1. This is the first I've heard about this show. Unfortunate that they had such a weird technical glitch in the beginning. But anyways, you seemed on top of things. Totally called the books in the back being fake. Knew it!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to question, disagree, challenge, or make suggestions! I'm a big boy. I can take it.