Thoughts, links & ideas from the 2008 National Teacher of the Year

Each time I've taken off in a plane since May (which is a lot), I've been writing in my journal, then adding these journal entries on this blog.

Check in often, or subscribe to get headlines fed to you! Oh, and the views expressed here are not those of anyone but me.  And anyone who happens to share the same views, I guess.

(Note: the blue posted dates are actually the dates I wrote the journal entries, not when I posted them online.)

Monday, June 23, 2008

The Charms are Wearing Off

 

Seattle, WA

 

I’m already traveling too much.  How can I tell?  I’ve actually started to turn down complimentary cranberry juice on the plane!  I never understood how people could do that.  Now I do.

 

Don’t worry, though, I’ll still get enough to be billed as “the healthiest urinary tract in education… Michael Geisen!”

 

I just fear that it will be like my freshman year at college when I vowed to eat Lucky Charms every morning for breakfast due to my impoverished upbringing on non-sugar cereals.  I only lasted a week and a half.  Hardly touched ‘em since.



(In case you're unfamiliar with what the heck I'm even talking about, here's 35 seconds of science animation to explain.)


2 comments:

  1. Fly Alaskan and go with the free beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do usually have pretty decent beer. Not as good for you as cranberry juice, though. (Although my wife has informed me that I would need to drink gallons and gallons of the sweetened Cran-Apple they serve on the airlines to get the same effect as the more potent stuff. Probably wouldn't be worth it. But I'll try anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to question, disagree, challenge, or make suggestions! I'm a big boy. I can take it.