Thoughts, links & ideas from the 2008 National Teacher of the Year

Each time I've taken off in a plane since May (which is a lot), I've been writing in my journal, then adding these journal entries on this blog.

Check in often, or subscribe to get headlines fed to you! Oh, and the views expressed here are not those of anyone but me.  And anyone who happens to share the same views, I guess.

(Note: the blue posted dates are actually the dates I wrote the journal entries, not when I posted them online.)

Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm Awesome

Check out this clip:


I have arrived.


4 comments:

  1. Mike - the link needs a password...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sorry. It's fixed. Thanks for being such an alert reader, runninggal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to be thorough :)

    So, we heard it here...Mike Geisen is Awesome! Can't argue with Mr President.

    Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, like every good middle schooler, I slacked off on my homework until like the day before it was due. Then I thought I needed some edge to help get the job done, and I thought...I will post a thoughtful response to the Mike's post that occurred closest to my birthday. Lucky me, it's the Jon Stewart clip! And I need to reflect on awesomeness...
    Two awesome things come to mind:
    1) It is pretty awesome that you are spending a year as NTOY, both as a measure of your teaching and the enrichment that a year on the road will provide you. How awesome would more teachers be if they had similar opportunities to get out and see the world, even if they didn't have to make the speeches?
    2) It is also quite awesome that the next time you are near a president you will be with someone who might find a more eloquent adjective to describe you. Maybe gnarly or tubular. Or creative and passionate. Or inspiring and entertaining. Take you pick, or continue to be all six.

    Thanks for providing us with fodder for our educational enrichment. Even chewing on the cud over break is a treat...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to question, disagree, challenge, or make suggestions! I'm a big boy. I can take it.