Thoughts, links & ideas from the 2008 National Teacher of the Year

Each time I've taken off in a plane since May (which is a lot), I've been writing in my journal, then adding these journal entries on this blog.

Check in often, or subscribe to get headlines fed to you! Oh, and the views expressed here are not those of anyone but me.  And anyone who happens to share the same views, I guess.

(Note: the blue posted dates are actually the dates I wrote the journal entries, not when I posted them online.)

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Measuring and Teaching 21st Century Skills


Here's a report worth reading on the measurement and teaching of 21st century skills (a.k.a. non-cognitive skills, "soft" skills, "higher-order" skills, etc., that can include creativity, critical thinking, adaptability, collaboration, technological literacy, synthesis, and so on).  Produced by the Education Sector, it does a fair job of looking at the balance we ought to be striving for in our schools.  Check it out...

 


2 comments:

  1. Michael,

    When you get a chance check out the video my students made today.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrNTWzkjFuo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Todd. Great way to get students involved in figuring out what needs to change in their education. The next step, of course, would be to have them figure out ways to make it happen. I would love to see a video that shows some of the solutions! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to question, disagree, challenge, or make suggestions! I'm a big boy. I can take it.